- Over 600 pages of extraordinary recipes
- Tips on buying, storing and safe handling of meat
- Mouth watering color photos throughout
Whether you buy your meat from a local farmer or the supermarket, you want the juiciest results every time you cook. In this book, Bruce Aidells, America's foremost meat expert and the founder of Aidells Sausage Company, shows how to choose the best steaks, chops, roasts, and ribs and match them to the right method.
The Great Meat Cookbook includes:
- Hundreds of extraordinary recipes, from such "Great Meat Dishes of the World" as Whole Beef Fillet Stuffed with Prosciutto and Parmigiano-Reggiano, to economical dishes that use small amounts of meat, like Thai Pork Salad
- Handy tags like "Fit for Company," "In a Hurry," and "Great Leftovers" that help you match the dish to the occasion
- At-a-glance guides to all the major cuts, with a full-color photo of each
- Recipes for hand-crafted sausages, patés, and hams
- Recipes for newly popular meats like bison, goat, heritage pork, and grass-fed beef, veal, and lamb
- Recipes for under appreciated parts that make delicious dishes without breaking the bank
With straight talk and an affable voice, Aidells provides every single thing you need to get comfortable in the kitchen, from which thermometers are the most reliable, to how to thaw meat from the farmers' market, to tips that will make you a grill and barbecue pro.