Hitch your star to a rising temperature...
As ThermoWorks continues to grow year after year, there are many opportunities for personal growth. At the same time, ThermoWorks is committed to maintaining a small company atmosphere. The contributions of each employee matter here and good work still gets noticed. We're constantly looking for competent, confident yet nice people, so if that's you...
Unless otherwise noted, submit all job inquiries, resumes and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Electronic Repair and Service Technician
Part-time hourly position. Afternoons/evenings until 8pm and all day Saturdays.
Answer and process customer calls and emails effectively and efficiently to optimize the customer experience by:
- Following proper troubleshooting steps, asking clarifying questions, and discovering underlying causes of concerns.
- Effectively educating customers on product use and assisting them in fully utilizing available features.
- Maintaining effective call ownership by providing timely resolutions, maintaining contact with ongoing issues, and managing open items.
This is not an IT job. You'll be working with people and thermometers—primarily used for cooking.
- Must have solid technical aptitude and the ability to logically troubleshoot and problem solve.
- 2+ years technical work experience preferred.
- Must have strong customer service skills.
- Must have excellent verbal communication skills, telephone skills, and writing skills, including clarity, spelling, and punctuation. Words matter.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to professionally handle and resolve stressful situations.
- Must be flexible, adaptable to change, receptive to direction, and a good team worker.
- Must be detail-oriented and have the ability to handle confidential information.
- Experience in support, help desk, or call center technical support.
- Must enjoy performing small electronic repairs.
- Willingness to learn about new products and continuously self-educate.
- Technical Work Experience Preferred: 2 years
Full-time (5x8 and 4x10) and part-time positions available. Some positions include evenings and weekends, which also include higher compensation.
- You will answer in-bound calls and emails, take customer orders, answer product questions, guide some customers in their purchase decision, approve orders taken on-line, and sometimes route calls to other team members.
- You will ensure that customers are treated respectfully, professionally, thoroughly, and that every inquiry receives a complete and helpful response. Your job is to build customer loyalty through every interaction you have with them, whether over the phone, via email, or (rarely) in person.
- You will interact daily with both experts and novices in commercial foods, competition BBQ, home cooking, and baking. (You do not need to be a food expert, but you should be a curious and eager learner.)
- You will also help maintain the integrity of our customer database, ensuring that information is accurate and complete and resolving duplicate records.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- Professional presentation and communication style.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Extreme attention to detail.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to take responsibility and be accountable.
- Ability to work both independently and with a team and to receive and respond to instruction.
- Experience or interest in culinary arts a plus.