What information does ThermoWorks collect?
We may collect information from you (including name, address, telephone number, email address, credit card information, date of birth and other transactional information) when you...
- Place an order from our website
- Place an order from one of our catalogs
- Subscribe to one of our email lists
- Request a catalog
- Create an account at www.ThermoWorks.com
- Submit a product for service or repair
- Enter a contest or sweepstakes
- Inquire about our services
We maintain the data that you share with us in a secure database along with a record of your purchases.
We also gather information about how visitors to www.ThermoWorks.com navigate their way through our website (including IP addresses and the broad demographic data associated with them).
How does ThermoWorks use the information it collects?
The information we collect allows us to...
- Process and track your orders
- Process repairs, calibrations and other services you request
- Contact you about the status of an order or service request
- Send you product and promotional information at your request
- Tailor our product selection, inventory and online services to better suit your needs
Does the ThermoWorks website use "cookies"?
- Remember what items are in your shopping cart
- Recognize you when you return to our website
- Remember information you enter into forms on the website
How does ThermoWorks use email?
Those who subscribe to one of our email lists can expect to receive approximately 12 to 15 email offers per year detailing exclusive price offers, close-outs, new-product announcements and other information about ThermoWorks and thermometry in general. You may opt out of receiving emails from ThermoWorks at any time, either by clicking the "unsubscribe" link provided at the bottom of every email or by accessing your account preferences by logging in at www.ThermoWorks.Com.
Does ThermoWorks share email addresses or other information with any third parties?
No, ThermoWorks does not rent, sell, loan or share our email list or any other information that we gather to any third party.
How does ThermoWorks protect your information?
ThermoWorks maintains its data in a secure, password-protected database and employs encryption and other security technologies to protect the transfer of credit card numbers and other personal information. Feel free to contact us for more information about security technologies employed by ThermoWorks.
What about other websites that ThermoWorks links to?
Are the policies subject to change?
Yes, ThermoWorks reserves the right to change these policies from time to time in order to better serve you but any such changes will always be reflected here.