Hitch your star to a rising temperature...
As ThermoWorks continues to grow year after year, there are many opportunities for personal growth. At the same time, ThermoWorks is committed to maintaining a small company atmosphere. The contributions of each employee matter here and good work still gets noticed. We're constantly looking for competent, confident yet nice people, so if that's you...
Unless otherwise noted, Click Here to submit all job inquiries, resumes and cover letters.
|Current Positions |
Customer Care Culinary Specialist
The Customer Care Culinary Specialist is a vital link between the company and our customers, providing an outstanding customer experience and expert advice on our products’ useability and features. The ideal candidate has a strong culinary background and is very knowledgeable regarding the impact of temperature, heat, and cooling in culinary processes.
M-F 8a to 5p. Some evenings to 7pm and some Saturdays may be required.
- Provide exemplary customer service through multiple channels including phone, online chat and email
- Act as the ‘go to’ resource for cooking and product knowledge for customers and colleagues
- Share cooking knowledge and experience with the Customer Care team to increase overall knowledge and performance of the team
- Attend extensive training on our products and become an expert on the usability of our tools
- Interact with a variety of customers, from experts to novices in commercial foods, competition BBQ, home cooking and baking
- Assist customers with product selection, application and troubleshooting
- Support and be a part of the Customer Care team by helping customers over phone, email, and chat to process orders, answer questions, and solve problems with orders.
- Monitor and respond to customer reviews, and assist with responses to social media posts/comments
- Ensure customers have an incredible experience with our service and use of our tools
- Occasionally work with other departments on special cooking assignments
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Passion for ThermoWorks’ products and for cooking
- 3+ years of customer service experience
- Culinary degree or equivalent
- Thorough knowledge of ThermoWorks products
- Professional cooking experience in restaurants, BBQ or bakeries
- Mastery of food safety principles
- Strong, demonstrated desire to expand personal knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent computer skills preferably with Google Suite (Gmail, Google Calendar)
- Extreme attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team and to receive and respond to instructions
- Ability to positively give and receive feedback
Technical Support Associate
ThermoWorks is a fast-growing company that has provided advanced temperature instruments for over 19 years. We back our products with the best technical support and customer service in the industry.
ThermoWorks is looking for a Technical Support Associate with excellent electro mechanical aptitude, superb communication and interpersonal skills. This is not a computer or software I.T job. You’ll be working with people and thermometers primarily used for cooking.
- Answer and process customer service calls and emails efficiently and effectively to optimize the customer experience
- Follow proper troubleshooting steps, ask clarifying questions, discover underlying causes of concerns
- Repair small consumer electronics using soldering iron, multimeter power supply and small hand tools
- Effectively educate customers on product use and assist them in fully utilizing available features
- Ability to work some evenings (until 7pm) and some Saturdays
- Perform other duties as assigned
Required Skills & Experience:
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills with the ability to professionally handle and resolve stressful situations
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, including telephone skills, email correspondence, spelling, punctuation, and clarity
- Must have solid technical aptitude and the ability to logically troubleshoot and problem solve
- Proficient with Google Suite apps (Gmail, Docs, Calendar, Sheets)
- 2+ years of technical work experience preferred (experience repairing cell phones, hardware, thermometers)
- CRM experience a plus
- Passion for cooking and barbequing (BBQ) a plus
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 80% of the time
- Occasional lifting up to 25 lbs
- Constantly operates computer and small repair tools