5-up: $91.00 ea.
- Plate-simulating dishwasher thermometer with Bluetooth® wireless technology
- Measures true plate surface temperature
- Records irreversible MAX temp of dishwasher
- Use with HACCP LE or integrate into your exisiting apps
- Eliminate costly and inaccurate thermal labels
- High accuracy to ±0.9°F (±0.5°C)
- Waterproof with IP66 rating
- Includes NIST-Traceable calibration certificate
- Range to 194°F for high temp dishwashers
- Verifies compliance with FDA food code 4-703.11(B), for commercial dishwashers
All the features of the market-changing DishTemp, now with Bluetooth wireless technology, DishTemp Blue accurately and irreversibly records the max surface temperature of dishware in commercial dishwashers and saves the recordings directly to a smart device. Engineered with molded-in, water-tight seals, using industrial-grade materials, DishTemp Blue carries an IP66 rating and comes with a NIST-Traceable Calibration Certificate so you know its accurate, and a 1-year warranty.
DishTemp Blue eliminates costly and inaccurate thermal labels and stem thermometers that don't stay in place and don't accurately measure temperature at the plate surface. DishTemp Blue complies with the FDA Food Code requirements for high temperature and chemical sanitizing dishwasher testing using irreversible registering temperature indicators.
DishTemp Blue only has one button. The power button resets the irreversible Max Temp reading before each cycle. Simply turn DishTemp Blue on, toss it in with the other wares and view the max surface temperature after the dish cycle ends. Use during audits and daily logs. With the HACCP LE app DishTemp Blue records your max temperature directly to your smart device.
Built to survive daily use inside commercial dishwashers, DishTemp outperforms every testing solution. Save time, save money, improve your work. Order now.
|Range||32 to 194°F (0 to 90°C)|
|Operating Range||32 to 194°F (0 to 90°C)|
|Bluetooth version 4.1|
About 20 feet (6 meters) (device dependent)
|Approvals||US (FCC Part 15), Canada (IC), EU (CE - Complies with all relevant directives for Europe), AU/NZ (RCM)|
|Battery||1x CR2032 (3V) lithium coin cell, 50 hours|
|Display||1.04 H x 1.77 W inches (26.5 H x 45 W mm)|
|Dimensions||5 dia. x 0.55 D inches (127 dia. x 14 D mm)|
|Calibration||Includes NIST-Traceable Certificate|
|Special Feature||Irreversible registering Max Temperature indicator|
Download Sample PDF ReportDownload DishTemp Blue Battery Installation InstructionsDownload DishTemp Blue Sample Calibration Certificate
Learn how to pass every Health Safety Inspection:
Frequently Asked Questions
Why doesn't DishTemp Blue read the same temperature as my waterproof digital stem thermometer?
- DishTemp Blue is individually calibrated in a NIST-Traceable calibration lab with an accuracy of ±0.9°F. Most digital thermometers used in foodservice have an accuracy of ±1.8°F. DishTemp Blue is much more accurate and is certified with actual test data at 160°F.
- Commercial dish machines all have a temperature gradient from the outlet points (the upper and lower spray arms), to the center where the dishes reside. This gradient is typically between 10 to 15 degrees. Stem probe tips that are closer to the spray arms because of where they are positioned, will record higher readings than if measured at the center of the racked dishware where DishTemp Blue measures.
- The response time of the DishTemp Blue temperature sensor can be different than that of other temperature devices. DishTemp Blue's response time has been optimized to record the plate surface temperature allowing ample time for the sanitizing rinse water to completely cover the surface and record an accurate max temperature reached.
- It is also recommended as a best practice to run the dishwasher through several complete cycles prior to testing.
DishTemp measures a much lower temperature than the tank gauge on my dishwasher.
- Many tank gauges are analog and over time can be very inaccurate, even up to 10°F. Digital indicators can also drift over time. To get an accurate reading of the tank temperature, insert a calibrated high accuracy thermometer into the tank and compare the reading to the tank gauge.
- The temperature measured in the tank will be different than the temperature measured during a dish cycle after the heated water travels through internal tubing and is released into the dishware machine via the spray arms and onto the surface of the dishware. The Food Code accounts for this heat loss by stating that the plate needs to reach 160°F in order to be sanitized, yet the temperature of the water as it enters the manifold must be at least 180°F and no greater than 194°F.
How many cycles will DishTemp Blue last?
- DishTemp includes a 1-year warranty and will withstand daily use.
How does DishTemp Blue compare to traditional thermal labels?
- A traditional thermal label is rated at ±2°F, whereas DishTemp Blue is much more accurate at ±0.9°F. Further, a traditional thermal label will only tell you whether or not a temperature limit was met or exceeded where it was positioned. DishTemp Blue tells you the max surface temperature your dishes reached, which reveals the temperature adjustments needed to the final rinse water. You'll save money not buying labels every month, and avoid overheating your final rinse temperature.
How can I check the accuracy of DishTemp Blue?
- DishTemp Blue comes with a NIST-Traceable certificate of calibration out of the box and does not require regular verification of its accuracy. It is recommended to certify DishTemp Blue annually with accurate temperature standards at 160°F.
If you need to quickly verify DishTemp Blue's accuracy, a quick ice bath test is the easiest way. Here's how:
- Fill a small mixing bowl with crushed ice and add just enough water to fill in the gaps with no ice floating. Allow enough height for DishTemp Blue to be immersed just over half way.
- Insert DishTemp Blue up to the level of the display so you can still read the digits (see below).
- Wait 3-4 minutes for DishTemp Blue to stabilize, then read the CURRENT TEMP.
- DishTemp Blue should read within 32°F (0°C) ±0.9°F (±0.5°C).
For more information on DishTemp Blue contact us at email@example.com or call 801-756-7705.
What is an IP Rating?
An IP rating, also known as "International Protection" or "Ingress Protection" rating, is a value assigned to a product that determines its susceptibility to ingress from solids and liquids. The first numeric digit relates to the level of protection against solid objects, and the second numeric digit indicates the level of protection against liquid ingress. Click for a table of IP Rating values.
IP66 - No ingress of dust (6); Protected against strong jets of water e.g. for use on shipdecks - limited ingress permitted (6).
Free mobile app from ThermoWorks compatible with DishTemp Blue, Thermapen Blue, TempTest Blue, RayTemp Blue, and BlueTherm One. Perform HACCP checklists quickly and accurately without paper logs.
Download the free HACCP LE App
- Create and deploy checklists directly from mobile devices
- New! Save dishwasher maximum temp readings to mobile devices with DishTemp Blue
- Record temperature and Yes/No items for HACCP
- User-friendly interface shows pass/fail with limits
- Corrective actions, user, date/time, notes saved with readings
- Store readings to locked PDF files. See example report
- Save to cloud drives, email, or text reports for brand visibility
Home screen, easy for staff to select Device, User, Checklist, and Item with Hi/Lo Limits and large display with pass/fail indication around temperature. DishTemp Readings show a Max Temperature, High Limit: and Current Reading.
Create, share, export, and import checklists right from mobile device with temperature and Yes/No questions.