Fast: Readings in just 3 to 4 seconds
Every second counts in the kitchen. Get readings in a matter of seconds without skipping a beat.
Splash-proof: IP66 Rating
Splashes and spills happen. Confidently use ThermoPop knowing it keeps working through the mess, just like you do.
Ergonomic Design: Easy to Read & Use
With a large rotating display and backlight, you can use ThermoPop in your right or left hand, no matter your environment.
Guaranteed Accuracy: Accurate to within ±2°F (1°C)
Take the guesswork out of your cooking. Experience the confidence of knowing that the number on the display is the correct temperature.
- Big backlit digits
- Temp range: -58 to 572°F (-50 to 300°C)
- Switchable °C/°F
- 5,000 hours of typical performance with included lithium battery, replacement batteries available
- Designed in Utah by ThermoWorks
The first rotating display pocket thermometer, the ThermoPop is another innovation from ThermoWorks. A simple button press rotates the display in 90 degree increments. Hold the ThermoPop in either hand or read it when it's upside down. Any angle is convenient!
Super-Fast readings are within the final degree in only 3 to 4 seconds! Designed for serious chefs and professionals, the ThermoPop features big digits and a backlight for dark conditions. Molded-in seals and buttons make it splash-proof. Durable construction outlasts similarly priced pocket thermometers. Simple operation reduces user errors. Wide range is suitable for frozen foods and deep fryer testing. Accuracy is guaranteed to remain within ±2°F (1°C) up to 248°F (120°C). The ergonomic ThermoPop comes in 9 colors. If you're going to carry a thermometer in your pocket, get a Super-Fast ThermoPop.
The ThermoWorks ThermoPop is the top-rated instant-read thermometer in the “Inexpensive Digital Thermometers” category. Here are a few of the most notable reviews…
Best Inexpensive Option
Cook’s Illustrated/America’s Test Kitchen calls it “dead accurate and extremely fast” that “makes the best of its size with a grippy, ergonomic design that’s reasonably secure and easy to push and pull out of dense foods.” Top marks for Speed, Accuracy, and Durability, and two out of three stars for Ease of Use…
Watch the Review
The Best Inexpensive Thermometer
For SeriousEats, Kenji López-Alt writes, “This has been my favorite inexpensive thermometer since it was introduced a couple of years ago. It was the new standard then, and it remains the best-in-class now.”
Read the Review
A (Cheap!) Instant-Read Thermometer Will Change Your Meat-Cooking Life
The best and most affordable instant-read thermometer that we've found is ThermoWorks’s ThermoPop thermometer ($29). It is relatively inexpensive, but not like the cheap, throwaway $10 thermometer that you'll find in that weird kitchenware section of the grocery store.
Read the Review
ThermoWorks ThermoPop TX-3100
For anyone looking for a simple, easy-to-use instant-read thermometer, the colorful ThermoWorks ThermoPop Thermometer is a top choice. It features big digits, a rotating head so you can check temps from any angle, and a thin tip. Plus, it has a backlight so you can read it when you're grilling outdoors after sundown.”
Read the Review
|Probe Range||-58 to 572°F (-50 to 300°C)|
|Accuracy||±2.0°F (±1°C) from -4 to 248°F (-20 to 120°C); ±4.0°F (±2°C) thereafter|
|Resolution||1° over full range|
|Response Time|| Full reading in 3-4 seconds (0.6 seconds per time constant)* |
|Operating Range||32 to 122°F (0 to 50°C)|
|Probe||4.5 L x 0.12 inch dia. reduces to 0.08 inches dia. (114 L x 3.0 mm dia. reduces to 2.0 mm dia.)|
|Auto-Off||After 10 minutes|
|Battery||CR2032 (3V) lithium coin cell (included) x 1, 5,000 hours|
|Display||0.95 dia. inches (24 dia. mm); Digits: 0.35 H inches (9 H mm)|
|Product Size|| 7 H x 1.8 W x 0.8 D inches (178 H x 45.2 W x 20 D mm)|
* Response time defined as five time constants for 99.3% of actual temperature.
** Some models of induction cooktops can create temporary interference with digital electronic thermometers when they are placed near the range while the cooktop is powered on.
What is the difference between ThermoPop 2 and the original ThermoPop?
Our new ThermoPop 2 is superior to the original ThermoPop in many ways, including…
- Bigger, bolder display ThermoPop 2 has a 33.33% larger screen window and 20% taller digits than the original ThermoPop.
- Thinner profile While the display is larger, ThermoPop 2 actually has a 20% thinner profile than the original ThermoPop. Perfect for a chef coat pocket.
- Motion-sensing auto-rotating display Use your left or right hand in any position—even upside-down—and the display automatically rotates right-side-up. The original ThermoPop requires you to push a button to rotate the screen.
- Twice as accurate ThermoPop 2 is accurate to ±1°F (0.5°C) over much of its range. The original ThermoPop is accurate to ±2°F (1°C).
- Faster readings ThermoPop 2 takes full readings in 2-3 seconds. The original ThermoPop takes full readings in 3-4 seconds.
- Fully waterproof ThermoPop 2 is fully waterproof (IP67). The original ThermoPop is splash-proof (IP66).
- NSF Certified ThermoPop 2 is NSF Certified. The original ThermoPop is not.
- NIST-traceable certificate Each ThermoPop 2 includes a NIST-traceable certificate with actual test data verifying its accuracy to national standards. The original ThermoPop does not.
Both ThermoPop 2 and the original ThermoPop have a an easy-hold head with a grippy rubber strip, bright backlight you can activate with the press of a button, include a protective probe sheath, come with 2-year warranties, and were designed in Utah by ThermoWorks. Both are suitable for use in a professional kitchen.
Visit our Help Center For more information and troubleshooting tips.
Download ThermoPop Operating Instructions
Download ThermoPop Info Sheet
Super-Fast Reduced Tip
A ThermoWorks original feature, the Super-Fast reduced tip is included with the ThermoPop. Reaches full temperature in 3 to 4 seconds. Strong, durable tip construction for professional use.
What is an IP Rating?
An IP rating, also known as "International Protection" or "Ingress Protection" rating, is a value assigned to a product that determines its susceptibility to ingress from solids and liquids. The first numeric digit relates to the level of protection against solid objects, and the second numeric digit indicates the level of protection against liquid ingress. Click for a table of IP Rating values.
IP66 - No ingress of dust (6); Protected against strong jets of water e.g. for use on shipdecks - limited ingress permitted (6).